RE: Config mode questions

> > For a Request/Reply exchange in Config mode:
> >
> > 1. If the gateway wants to send its response to an
> INTERNAL_IP4_SUBNET
> > attribute request how the response will be sent for both
> > subnet and mask if
> > the attribute length is mentioned into RFC to be 0 or 4
> > octets for this
> > attribute. How do you specify the mask for the subnet protected?
>
> The Reply message will contain 2 attributes: INTERNAL_IP4_SUBNET and
> INTERNAL_IP4_NETMASK.

Sorry, a co-worker just pointed out to me that I was answering a completely
different question... (even at that I typed IP4_SUBNET instead of
IP4_ADDRESS).  My brain must be on vacation today :)

If your question was how do you represent the subnet and netmask using only
4 bytes, the answer is... you don't.  I think Roy is fixing this in the next
rev, to be 0 or 8 bytes.

Regards,
Stephane.