Re: I-D ACTION:draft-shacham-ippcp-rfc2393bis-04.txt

The draft reflects the discussions in the VPN bakeoff
in San Diego last month.

The content changes are in section 4.1. Use of IKE,
as the attached diff provides.

avram

347,370c347,356
<    Identifiers.
<
<    The following attributes are applicable to IPComp proposals:
<
<       Encapsulation Mode
<
<          To suggest a non-default Encapsulation Mode (such as Tunnel
<          Mode), an IPComp proposal MUST include an Encapsulation Mode
<          attribute.  If the Encapsulation Mode is unspecified, the
<          default value of Transport Mode is assumed.
<
<       Lifetime
<
<          An IPComp proposal uses the Life Duration and Life Type
<          attributes to suggest life duration to the IPCA.
<
<    When IPComp is negotiated as part of a Protection Suite, all the
<    logically related offers must be consistent.  However, an IPComp
<    proposal SHOULD NOT include attributes that are not applicable to
<    IPComp.  An IPComp proposal MUST NOT be rejected because it does not
<    include attributes of other protocols in the Protection Suite that
<    are not relevant to IPComp.  When an IPComp proposal includes such
<    attributes, those attributes MUST be ignored when setting the IPCA,
<    and therefore ignored in the operation of IPComp.
---