RE: ???????????????

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Carter <greg.carter@entrust.com> writes:

 Greg> OK then reality check.  We issued certs to every vendor who
 Greg> asked, with out looking I think at least 15 to 20 vendors, with
 Greg> 3 or 4 different protocols, with off the shelf products.
 Greg> Vendors using our toolkits verified certs from other PKI
 Greg> vendors as well.  Is that not interop? If a VPN vendor can't
 Greg> get a cert from each of the PKI vendors at the bakeoff its
 Greg> because they are incompetent, nothing more nothing less.

I'm not sure it's constructive to insult your customers.  You might
consider the possibility that (a) showing up at a bakeoff with a bug
in your code doesn't necessarily mean you're incompetent, (b) as with
most protocol specs these days, conformance does not imply
interoperability (nor vice versa), (c) there might even be a remote
possibility that there are some bugs at the PKI side of the house
rather than just at the VPN side.  Let him who is without bugs cast
the first invective.

	paul

Follow-Ups: References: