Re: ???????????????

  OK, I'll 'fess up as one of the incompetents (and I'm not taking
Greg's comments as an insult). I'm not the cert guy here but I have
to use the code. And I don't read X.509 and have not read all the PKIX
docs because I don't have the time and I'm not the cert guy anyway.
So I was giving Greg a PKCS#10 and he was dutifully giving me back a
PKCS#7 which I was trying to read as a raw DER (or is it BER-- see!)
encoded cert. I tracked Greg down and he pointed out the little check
box on the web page I should've read but didn't. Complete operator error.

  I wouldn't be surprised if this was repeated over and over at the
bakeoff. Hence the frustration about how certs just don't work when,
in fact, they do once you do things correctly.

  I tend to agree with Greg on this. And I have to thank him for not
telling me to RTF-web-page and RTF-specs which he would've been well
within his rights to say.

  Dan.

On Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:40:32 EST you wrote