More than one VPN-Connection from a gateway

Hello all,

I'm new in configuring a VPN and I
have the following question:

How can I configure more than one
VPN - Connections from a gateway,
without using more than one device?

Example:

Host1 has a tunnel to Host2 configured as ipsec0=eth0 in ipsec.conf
This works well.

Now I want
Host1 has also a tunnel to Host3

I tried more possibilities e.g. a second IP-Adress
for eth0 with ipsec0=eth0:0 or a ipsec1=eth0 in the ipsec.conf

Using a second decive, e.g. ippp0 configured as ipsec0=eth0 ipsec1=ippp0
I can build a tunnel to Host2 and Host3.

Now I'm a little adviceless - I can't believe, that I need
for each tunnel from Host1 an own physical device.

For any idea I will oblige

Klaus.

E-Mail: klaus.gross@web2cad.de