Re: Future ISAKMP Denial of Service Vulnerablity Needs Addressing

Paul Koning wrote:

> I have a concern about this notion of using puzzles as a way of
> addressing the DoS problem.

For that matter, the recent much-publicized distributed DoS attacks on
e-commerce servers point out  that a similar attack on an IPsec server
would have no problem overcoming a puzzle-based defence. The multitude
of "zombie" attackers collectively has much more CPU power than any
attacked system.

--
      The opinions expressed in this message are my personal
      opinion and in no way reflect the views of my employer.

Follow-Ups: References: