Re: RSA library for IKMPD

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 04:30:50PM -0800, Jeffrey Lo wrote:

> Hi,

> I am trying to find out if there is any free RSA library usable by ikmpd
> obtained from Cisco PDS? If you know of any, please let me know the ftp
> site or webpages.

	Your address is in the US, but a Cc on the message included
a .jp address.  If you are in the US, your choices for the next few
months are rather limited.  Due to patent restrictions (Due to expire in
the September/October time frame) you must use the RSAREF2 libraries for
non-commercial applications and have a fully paided and licensed library
for commercial applications.

	Users outside the US can use the international RSA libraries that
are in the OpenSSL package or the ones with SSH or the international version
of PGP.  I would go with the OpenSSL package first, since it's already build
as a library for you.

> Thanks.

> ----
>
> Jeffrey Lo