RE: ipsec NICs?

The problem is that a few Mbits/sec are not fast enough for intranet cases.
While crypto acceleration isn't really necessary for WAN cases where people
are connecting through modems, DSL, T1 speeds, within intranets people are
wanting to talk at 100Mbit/Sec, soon to be 1Gbit/Sec for servers.

In these cases it makes a LOT of sense to throw a cheap crypto accelerator
at the problem rather than multiple General Purpose CPUs

Bill

Bill Strahm        Programming today is a race between
bill.strahm@      software engineers striving to build
intel.com           bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
(503) 264-4632   and the Universe trying to produce
            bigger and better idiots.  So far, the
                        Universe is winning.--Rich Cook
I am not speaking for Intel.  And Intel rarely speaks for me