RE: Q: Why IPSEC to be used only in CBC mode & not other like CFB or OFB ?

This isn't really a problem - sequence numbers are forbidden to repeat
already, as they're used to defend aganist replay attacks.

Due to the nature of IP (loss, duplication, re-ordering of datagrams) the
receiver needs to be able to determine the IV independently of any other
datagrams received.  An explicit IV provides this, so does a suitable
multiple of the sequence number.

It does reinforce the advantages of authentication in ESP.  I don't know if
I've come to the point of assuming ESP authentication is pretty much
essential through this group or though discussions with customers, but what
do others think?

Chris