SA Lifetimes

I'm curious what type of SA lifetimes (Phase 2) the group typically
implements, experiences, and most importantly, recommends.  Some products
default to refreshing SAs every 12-24 hours.  To be clear, I'm most
concerned about refreshing the authentication and encryption keys.  I'm
aware that RFC 2401 only recommends that the SA lifetime be no greater than
the applicable certificate validity period.

Any thoughts or insights would be much appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis Lamm, CISSP
Network Security Architect (Wang Govt Services)
CINCPACFLT Information Assurance Office (N69)
250 Makalapa Drive, Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-3131
EM:  lammds@cpf.navy.mil <mailto:lammds@cpf.navy.mil>