Re: Use of Encryption in Keepalive Packets

  Have you spoken to any of the other vendors that have implemented
proprietary keepalive functions? It would be nice to encorporate any
insight they might've gotten into your draft.

  Also, please do not take magic numbers you need from the "Reserved to
IANA" (or reserved to anyone else for that matter) numberspace. And
include a value to put in a vendor ID payload to identify a consenting
party. I know of one vendor that includes the keepalive value in its
vendor ID payload as a way to "negotiate" to the lowest acceptable value.

  Dan.

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 14:28:34 EST you wrote
> (For those who may be wondering, Tero's numbers are based on the packet
> format which I am planning to use in my forthcoming draft.)
>
> If anyone has any further comments, please send them ASAP, as I plan to
> submit the draft later today.

Follow-Ups: References: