RE: ipsec NICs?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Chun Ye wrote:
>> The issue is not whether it is legal to use 3DES in Ruritania, but what
>> implementations of it can be obtained there.  Software for it is available
>> everywhere, thanks to Linux FreeS/WAN and OpenBSD...
>
> Windows 2000 does 3DES too.  Just want to clarify.

Yes, as do a number of other US-based software packages.  I mentioned
Linux FreeS/WAN and OpenBSD in particular because they are available free
of charge and are maintained outside the US, which offers a much stronger
guarantee of long-term availability, independent of changes in US policy
and/or corporate policy.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net