draft-orman-public-key-lengths-00.txt
on which commentary is solicited.

Hilarie

>>> "Linn, John" <jlinn@rsasecurity.com> 03/16/00 11:17AM >>>
Jesse,

Good points.  While the incremental cost of additional symmetric key bits
beyond the anticipated state of the art is "almost free", this is very much
not true for increasing the number of asymmetric key bits used to transport
those symmetric keys.  An RSA Laboratories paper with further analysis on
key size issues is now being finalized for web publication, probably within
the next couple of weeks; I'll post a citation when it's available.

--jl