Re: IKE Public Key Encryption

  There is only ambiguity when the responder has more than one public
key. If that's the case then the hash will indicate which one to use and
get rid of the ambiguity. I've done interoperability testing with this
authentication method before but each time the peer only had one public
key.

  It's hashed to retain identity protection which is a feature of Main
Mode.

  Dan.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:01:20 EST you wrote