RE: Deleted Internet Drafts

> That's a very silly thing to do.  Draft deletion should be done by the WG
> chair at least.

The policy is _extremely_ clear, and not in the least silly.  If a draft is
not updated within six months, I think that it's perfectly reasonable to
assume that either a) it's dead or b) the author or authors have lost
interest.

> In this case, critical drafts such as mode-cfg were deleted which are
> referenced and required by other drafts which were not deleted.

The concept to understand is "deadline".  If these drafts were "critical",
perhaps the authors thereof should have paid just a bit more attention.

> Paul Hoffman wrote:
> >
> > Greetings again. The IETF Secretariat has deleted the following
> drafts and
> > replaced them with stub drafts that say "this draft was deleted
> because it
> > was over six months old". If you are the author of one of these
> drafts and
> > you want it alive, you should turn in a new copy next week or
> soon thereafter.
> >
> > draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-main
> > draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-mode-cfg
> > draft-ietf-ipsec-policy-framework