RE: Re[2]: IKE Public Key Encryption

Obviously, there is no perfect solution to this problem. What I suggested
was merely a way to make the task more difficult for the adversary. In this
case, the responder would actually have to test the hash for each
connection, rather than doing a simple memcmp.

Information theory basically prevents identity protection and authentication
from co-existing in a stateless protocol. If you really wanted to have true
identity protection, you would have to keep a per-connection state, such as
a shared secret or a user token.

Andrew
Beauty with out truth is insubstantial.
Truth without beauty is unbearable.