Re: Heartbeats draft (fwd)

Granted, but 'one more place' is 'one more attack'. Just because DOS is a
problem doesn't mean we should give attackers ever more places to do DOS
attacks through.

I realize it can be bounded (as Dan pointed out in San Diego), but I think
it's a dangerous thing to do. Not to be taken lightly at all. And there will
always be people that will refuse to 'just initiate' so I think a more
general solution that does NOT rely on initiating based on unknown SPI's is
called for.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

Follow-Ups: References: