Re: Looking for performance data - SHA1

    D> Helger Lipmaa writes:
    >> 55.1 Mbit/sec on a 90 MHz Pentium

    D> Not for packets of realistic sizes. The same Pentium will need more
    D> than a second to authenticate 30000 64-byte messages.

  Considering how easy denial of service attacks are, I would want to be able
to perform the authentication function at 110% of my line speed. If that
means getting a *slower* internet connection, then I'd do that :-)

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
	mailto:mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca	mailto:mcr@solidum.com