Re: IPSec vs SSL

Hi,

What kind of "active attacks"? Please be specific.
I agree that IPSec can prevent some attacks
"on the underlying TCP connection".  I was talking
about crypto suites strength. Sorry, if I was misunderstood.

By the way, IPSec can't possibly prevent activating a virus received
over a secure IPSec channel, which can cause losing all data on your
computer or system crash. :-)

Another point - you might want to use SSL on VPN as well.
So, you will have both at the same time. As I said,
it depends on your needs. Are you suggesting to use
IPSec instead SSL?

Regards,
Yuri Poeluev
Certicom Corp.