From: Waters, Stephen [mailto:Stephen.Waters@cabletron.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 12:10 PM
To: Dan Harkins
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: Windows 2000 and Cicsco router interoperability

The point in the text was that W2K does not support remote access
when using IPSEC Tunnels on their own, which is very true:

1) no address assignment
2) no 'legacy' or 'user' authentication
3) no compression
4) no DUN integration (like that available for L2TP/PPTP)

IPSEC Tunnels in W2K is only suitable for desk-top or LAN-LAN protection.
It CAN be used for remote access, but your are on your own with configuring
it. The IPSEC protection of L2TP happens automatically.

Steve.