Re: Windows 2000 and Cicsco router interoperability

Mark,

>So, we have all been dialing into our ISPs without any Authentication,
>Authorization or Accounting? Wow, the IETF had better hurry up before
>people catch on!
>
>Seriously, Stephen, Chinna was referring to current AAA practices. Yes,
>they exist, and those who own and operate the networks are quite
>concerned about them.

Then Chinna should not refer to such ad hoc mechanisms by the name of
an IETF WG, as one might well make the assumption that such diverse
practices have the status of an IETF standard. As the security
advisor to our ISP (now Genuity), I don't recall use of the phrase
AAA to refer to what we did for all these years.

So, no, I make no apologies for pointing out that the terminology
used by Chinna is inappropriate and misleading. The tenor of his
messages over the last few days has been intimidating and often
inaccurate.  Are we now entering the tag team phase of this
discussion?

Steve

Follow-Ups: References: