RE: Windows 2000 and Cicsco router interoperability

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Stephen Kent wrote:
> The "features that AAA provides?"  AAA is a WG but there are no AAA
> standards yet. In fact, the WG drafts so far focusing only on
> requirements for the protocols that will be standardized, in the
> future. So  a reference to what "AAA provides"  or to "customers who
> are so fond of their AAA infrastructure" appears to be in the future,
> optimistic tense.

That's patently false, I fear. What chinna is referring to is the interaction
(well defined) of Radius Authentication, Authorization and accounting
(generally referred to as AAA) and PPP (and I expect you knew all that).

That the AAA group is back to the drawing board is not the issue. The
"customers who are so fond of their AAA infrastructure" obviously refers to
the radius infrastructure. While chinna could have been more precise, I
always equate them in my mind as well.

I can tell you from personal experience that people want to shoehorn
EVERYTHING into radius. They'll want this here as well (I've already gotten
multiple requests about this). I guarantee it'll happen (or your money back).

jan
 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

Follow-Ups: References: