From: Jan Vilhuber [mailto:vilhuber@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 7:18 PM
To: William Dixon
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: more microsoft policy issues?

On Tue, 16 May 2000, William Dixon wrote:
> Jan, posting this without context is just inflammatory.  If it makes you
> happy, send flame to me personally.  The list isn't here to discuss
> product bugs, postulate on what may be a bug, nor complain about the
> wording on dialogs.

Sorry. That's all the context I had. Maybe I was a bit hasty (in view of the
recent thread). If so, I apologize.

Reading the rest below, though, it sounds like if the OS can override a local
decision, then you again have a scenario where I click on a choice, and win2k
overrides me without telling me. Bad. I mean, what would YOU expect, if you
said: Don't do ipsec. *I* would expect that ipsec will not be performed. At
all. Ever.

And I wasn't venting about a product bug, either (although I was hoping it
would turn out to be one). it's the gratuitous overriding of user-selected
policy that was the issue I meant to address.

jan