RE: Windows 2000 and Cicsco router interoperability

At 12:10 PM -0400 5/17/00, Barney Wolff wrote:
>As a non-Cisco, non-MS L2TP developer, let me say that benign neglect
>of L2TP by the IPsec group would be a welcome advance.  What we've
>seen has been active disparagement by certain IPsec'ers, apparently
>based on assumptions that do not match how anybody's L2TP or PPP
>implementations really work.

As one of the folks you to whom you are undoubtedly referring, let me
just note that the IETF creates standards and we evaluate the merits
of WG efforts based on what the standards documents say, not by what
vendors may choose to implement irrespective of the standards.

steve