Configuring W2K Server in Tunnel Mode

We have a W2K Server configured as a VPN Gateway on which we have defined
the policy for an IPsec tunnel from the W2K machine to a proprietary IPsec
gateway. However, we cannot seem to get the W2K server negotiate tunnel
mode. As initiator, it just silently drops traffic. As responder, Phase II
fails with the message "Expecting Transport Mode" in the oakley log.

The same scenario was tested at the last interoperability workshop where it
worked smoothly. We presume that some vendors must have come across a
similar scenario and symptoms in W2K configuration for IPsec
interoperability testing. We'd appreciate any leads or pointers to parts of
the configuration that we may have missed.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Prateek & Amir
Algorithmic Research.