Re: Interoperability (was: Death to AH?)

Hi Paul:

Excuse my delay, but what do you think of the IPSec-AES draft and the key
strenghts that were accepted into ANSI? As far as comparisons, with any cipher
they are made by evaluating the time to crack using the best known attacks
today. Provided that the cipher has undergone sufficient standards scrutiny such
as all of the FIPS standards--DES, DSA, RSA, and ECC, I believe that these are
valid. There will always be some disention around the edges, but isn't it better
to use the yardstick that the overwhelming majority of the community agree upon?
cheers - john

Paul Koning <pkoning@xedia.com> on 05.06.2000 07:29:01