Re: Deprecation of AH header from the IPSEC tool kit

Michael Richardson writes:
 >   There is no reduction in complexity if you create an ESP that covers
 > the headers. The question is more simply:
 > 	rm rfc2402.txt
 >
 >   or not.

   [cutting to the chase]

   If the end result is an AH'less v4 but MUST AH in
   v6, with oodles of v4 implementations which already
   support v4 AH, I'm not sure that there a whole lot
   of motivation deprecate it just for v4. You can just
   not run AH, after all.

   Are folks over here aware that the cellular
   folks are requiring ipv6 in next gen handsets,
   and all that implies for security? This issue is
   not entirely academic anymore.

		Mike

Follow-Ups: References: