Re: Deprecation of AH header from the IPSEC tool kit

RJ Atkinson writes:
 > The real issue here is that VPN Product vendors currently dominate
 > the IPsec WG.  VPN vendors don't want to support AH and aren't building
 > IPv6 products, yet they want to claim to be fully "IPsec Compliant"
 > (which is marketing speak; I have no clue what it really means).
 > In short, some of the impetus behind this proposal is to solve a
 > marketing problem -- most of the remainder is largely smoke-screen.

   I see. This couldn't have anything to do with
   header bandwidth overhead concerns, not to mention
   the near mind-bending complexity of 2 degrees of
   freedom with ah/esp/transport/tunnel and its
   interaction with things that need to consider
   IP headers.

		sign me Smoke E. Screen

Follow-Ups: References: