Re: default life negotiation issue

Jan,

Okay, I understand your answer.  I still think that that this sentence in
RFC2407 is vague (discussing SA Life Type/Duration):

  If unspecified, the default value shall be assumed to be 28800 seconds (8
  hours).

One could easily interpret this to mean that only if there are no life
attributes in a proposal should the default value be assumed.

--
Will Fiveash
IBM AIX System Development (IPsec/IKE)