RE: procedural RE: problems with draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-06.txt

This sounds like a problem with the RFC process, not the document.

> There is a crying need for a standards-track effort in this area, but
> currently none is being made.

Then make the effort. The publication of this document could serve as a
catalyst.

> We see a very real possibility of approaches which we
> consider inferior
> becoming accepted practice, hampering interoperability with better
> approaches, simply because they are the ones described by the only
> easily-accessible document on the subject.  Pasting a
> disclaimer on the
> document will not prevent this, not when the document fills a
> persistent
> and painful vacuum.  Hence our objections.

The alternative is that this document is lost. Is that worse or better than
a examination of the issues and an offered solution that works?