re: Call for agenda topics for Pittsburgh IETF

We submitted a draft last Friday that details our approach for IPsec
NAT-traversal, in hope of getting a standard for this some day. NATs are
here to stay, regrettably, and many vendors, each of them making their own
version of NAT-traversal, is suboptimal solution to getting IPsec to work
with NATs.

Ted hadn't reacted to my previous mail, but this is a FYI to WG about my
desire to get a chance to give a presentation regarding it (in the IETF
Pittsburgh meeting) to the IPsec WG.

In short, the draft details UDP encapsulation of IPsec SAs and how to probe
for need of encapsulation in the IKE P1.

(and then cut-n-pasted parts of I-D Announce)

Title		: IPsec NAT-Traversal
Author(s)	: M. Stenberg, S. Paavolainen, T. Ylonen, T. Kivinen
Filename	: draft-stenberg-ipsec-nat-traversal-00.txt
Pages		: 16
Date		: 18-Jul-00

This draft details the changes needed in order to make both initial IKE
negotiation and subsequent authenticated/encrypted communications across
IPsec AH/ESP SAs work despite the changes in the headers, and possible
protocol transformations.

The draft is at
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stenberg-ipsec-nat-traversal-00.txt>

              Markus Stenberg <markus.stenberg@ssh.com>