RIPEMD-160?

The working group website lists an RFC 2857 for using RIPEMD-160 in the
context of ESP and AH. The link is broken and the document does not exist.

Eventually, I did find the document elsewhere. I noted that for all its
longevity, it didn't include any ID numbers to use for negotiating the use
of it! Since these ID numbers do not appear in the DOI document either, it
is somewhat of a mystery to me how this document could have advanced to
RFC without any existing way to interoperate with it. As well, I don't see
anything about an ID for using RIPEMD-160 in the context of Phase 1.

Surely I am missing something?

-- Will

Will Price, Director of Engineering
PGP Security, Inc.