about ipsec

I'm not sure my question is exactly on the topic of this list but i'm
supposed to study and understand IPSec,in order to integrate them as a
solution for my company network security.
but even if i've read a lots of books and some RFC i still don't understand
IKE.
could anyone give me some help.
i also have some problem with testing them with WIndows 2000.
And looking for some free implementation on linux.
hope i'm not really off topic.
By the way i would be interested in research about IPsec does anyone knows
where i could find some information?
Beldi Olivier
Syseca 06-62-14-17-01