Re: about ipsec

beldi olivier wrote:

> I'm not sure my question is exactly on the topic of this list but i'm
> supposed to study and understand IPSec,in order to integrate them as a
> solution for my company network security.
> but even if i've read a lots of books and some RFC i still don't understand
> IKE.
> could anyone give me some help.

Two good starting points:

VPN Consortium		www.vpnc.org

> i also have some problem with testing them with WIndows 2000.
> And looking for some free implementation on linux.

http://www.freeswan.org

All the documentation for that implementation is on the web site.

It includes an overview.html file that is supposed to explain
IKE among other things. I'm the author, and I'm not yet happy
about that text. Comment and crticism would be appreciated. It
should, however, go to the linux-ipsec@clinet.fi list rather
than here.