Re: IPSEC and ISAKMP MIBs

----- Original Message -----
From: Shriver, John <john.shriver@intel.com>
To: 'Ruchir Malhotra' <ruchir@broadpac.com>; Ipsec (E-mail)
<ipsec@lists.tislabs.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 12:05 PM
Subject: RE: IPSEC and ISAKMP MIBs

> See the COPS-PR PIB for IPsec (draft-ietf-ipsp-ipsecpib-00.txt), and the
> work of the IP Security Policy working group.  This PIB should also be
> usable for SNMP, but it will not be an easy thing to use that way.  IPsec
> configuration rather stresses the expressive capabilities of SNMP, to say
> the least.  COPS-PR is probably a much better way to configure IPsec than
> SNMP.

Not so. I  have written an IPsec configuration MIB. It's not public just
yet, but I did want to say on this thread that SNMP is quiet capable of
configuring IPsec. If there is interest in developing an interoperable IPsec
config MIB, then I'd be happy to share my experiences. Otherwise, I'll not
bore this list with a largish MIB doc.