Heartbeats Straw Poll

The straw poll at the meeting indicated, just as it did in Australia, that
there is neither consensus for or against pursuing a heartbeat protocol in
IPsec.

>From my observation of which people put their hands up, it seems to me that
most of those who voted 'yea' work for commercial VPN vendors, whereas most
of those who voted 'nay' are academics or developers of free software.

While this is an obvious distinction, it may represent a differing
perspective among the commercial and non-commercial facets of our WG.

To those who voted against the idea of a keep-alive protocol, how do you
propose that we ensure high availablilty IPsec for our customers who demand
it?

Andrew
Beauty with out truth is insubstantial.
Truth without beauty is unbearable.