RE: Looking for info on ipsec passthrough (or passthru?)

Ok, I looked it up and think I know what "passthru" is.

Getting IPsec through NAT is a VERY hard problem.  There isn't an easy way
of associating (on the wire) that a packet with an SPI of this value needs
to be demultiplexed to this destination because a packet with another SPI
went through the NAT gateway...

Passthru is one way of solving this, basically saying all IPsec traffic
flows through the NAT to this 1 destination.

Passthru is a hack until something like RSIP becomes a reality.

Bill

Bill Strahm        Programming today is a race between
bill.strahm@      software engineers striving to build
intel.com           bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
(503) 264-4632   and the Universe trying to produce
            bigger and better idiots.  So far, the
                        Universe is winning.--Rich Cook
I am not speaking for Intel.  And Intel rarely speaks for me