ICMP Error replies and IPSEC

> From: EXT Michael Richardson [mailto:mcr@solidum.com]

>   There are two possibilities:
> 1) ICMP error codes are considered to be a
> meta-protocol (which is
> architecturally correct), and thus they "fit" into TCP-only
> protocols because ICMP error codes contain an IP/TCP
> header that
> (once Src<->Dst swapped) fits into that SA.

I experimentally changed my IPSEC to handle IPv4 ICMP errors as above. IPv4
has no clear separation between ICMP error types and others, but I used the
following:

Unreachable	= 3;
SourceQuench = 4;
Redirect = 5;
TimeExceeded = 11;
ParameterProblem = 12;

Did I miss any?

And when picking up the information to match the IPSEC selectors, if the
protocol is ICMP and the type is one of the above, I use the protocol and
ports from the inner IPv4 header (swapped) to find the selector and bundle
to apply. (btw. as far as I can see, swapped inner src/dst should in most
cases be the same as the src/dst in the outer header anyway).

Anyone else trying this?