RE: CERT_REQ_PAYLOAD usage

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, William Dixon wrote:

> Tero, good ideas, one issue though:
>
> 	4) When you receive certificate request you MUST send your own
> 	certificate for that CA.
>
> Your own IPSec policy typically includes what roots to use or what certs
> to send - so you have to enforce that, regardless of what the peer sends
> you.  If the CRP's don't match the roots you are configured to use, then
> you are saying here you MUST fail.  And that means that the peer MUST
> send a correct CRP for the credential you have - which of course isn't
> always possible.

Not sure I follow that: Why is this not possible? Common sense tells me that
I should send a CRP for ALL roots I know about (or all roots that I'm allowed
to use by some obscure local policy, or whatever). If you answer with the
ones that YOU have, we've got a non-empty intersection. If there's no
overlap, then the intersection IS empty, and we must fail, because we don't
share a root.

Is there something I'm missing?

jan
 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847