From: EXT antonio.barrera@nokia.com [mailto:antonio.barrera@nokia.com]
Sent: 02. October 2000 14:02
To: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: Notification payloads IV

	How is the IV computed for notification messages in IKE Phase I?
I know in phase II it's computed:
"using the hash of a concatenation of the last Phase I CBC block
concatenated and the message id in the ISAKMP header" (RFC 2409 Apendic B)
	However, I'm not really sure how to do it for Phase I when
encryption is applied (messages 5 and 6) and an error is found.
Is it explained somewhere?

Toni