Re: Larger DH groups?

  While updating the "Additional ECC groups for IKE" draft can you unqualify
your IP statement? Do you or do you not have patents that cover this? It
would be nice if there was a one syllable response to the question "is a
license from Certicom essential to implement these curves?"

  Also, in the AES assigned numbers thread it became obvious that certain
vendors have been assigning numbers which are reserved to IANA to their
own use of algorithms. I'd like to note that you are repeating this error
in your draft and respectfully ask you to use numbers from the private use
range for all the groups in this draft. Section 11.4 of RFC2409 describes
the procedure necessary for you to follow to get IANA to assign number to
you.

  Dan.

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:08:23 EDT you wrote