Re: Larger DH groups?

My understanding from earlier statements from certicom (minneapolis
ietf?) was that certicom is attempting to patent certain ec acceleration
techniques, but that ec's themselves are not patentable. Your statement
seems to be that ec's in any form are either patented or patent-pending
by certicom. Is this correct?