Re: Reliable delete notifies

I can't, of course, say for sure, since I'm not in marketing, but:

I don't know if it's a problem of inadequate marketing, or with customers,
but customers don't seem to WANT any sort of Public keys. Whether it's
equivalent to pre-shared keys (in scaling) or not is apparently not the
issue (or maybe they aren't being educated by those who know, i.e. sales and
marketing). I agree that using public keys and distributing them in the same
way as pre-shared keys (except for the fact that pre-shared keys can be
typed, whereas public-keys are not easily typed by hand) scales in the same
way (i.e.  doesn't ;), but there's still the fact that customers seem to WANT
pre-shared keys.

Maybe simply getting rid of pre-shared key authentication will help customer
perception here...

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

Follow-Ups: References: