Re: Reliable delete notifies

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Dan Harkins wrote:
> ...Does the Working Group want to keep
> Aggressive Mode? Is Aggressive Mode "standards bloat" or
> is it a necessary addition to do what Ben wants to do?

The FreeS/WAN project thinks it's bloat and says get rid of it.  We will
not implement it, ever.

As others have noted, anything you can do with shared secrets, you can do
better with manually-installed public keys.  Now that a certain patent has
died, we're moving to RSA signatures as our normal authentication method,
with shared secrets not actually de-supported... at least, not yet... but
moved to the "esoteric specialized topics" category already occupied by
things like manual keying.  This removes our last vestige of interest in
Aggressive Mode.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: