Re: Reliable delete notifies

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Michael Richardson wrote:
>     Angelos> I would in fact argue for removal of preshared-key
>     Angelos> authentication...
>
>   I would agree to this on one condition only:
>   That the spec lists a simple, well known format (i.e. PKCS10) by which
> self-signed certificates can be loaded into the trusted store, and by which
> they will be produced. That implementations *MUST* support this.

I would agree wholeheartedly with this.  This is a problem we've run into
during interoperability testing:  even when both parties are perfectly
happy to exchange RSA keys manually, no two systems agree on the
key-exchange data format.  Personally, I'd favor something much closer to
RFC 2537 format -- it's far simpler than any form of certificate -- but
*any* standard, even a messy one, would be better than none.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: