Re: ike and secure DNS

"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> writes:

> I'd love to see any sort of secure address-to-entity map.  But there
> seems to be considerable uncertainty about who actually owns various
> chunks of address space.  Is the database clean enough that it's worth
> signing?  I sure don't get that impression from, say, the NANOG list.

Perhaps a small change to what it means to "sign" a zone?  If the "root"
could sign my NS records (which "they" own), and my key record (which "I"
own, but supply to them the same way I supply my NS records), then this
works.

But I doubt NSI is willing to accept a KEY record or sign it.  Let alone
sign my NS records.

-derek