Re: ike and secure DNS

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Hugo Krawczyk wrote:
> I'd like to gather information on existing projects (commerical or
> academic) working towards the integration of DNSSEC infrastructure and
> IKE/ipsec. I know FreeSWAN has such integration plans? Any progress in
> that front?

We're fetching keys from DNS operationally, and starting to fetch our
gateway-discovery information as well.  We haven't yet done much about
integration specifically with DNSSEC, partly because we are waiting for
BIND9's new resolver to be *documented* so we can use it.  We see the
bulk of the DNSSEC side of things as being the resolver's job rather
than ours.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: