Re: Getting focus for son-of-IKE

Scott Kelly wrote:

> Stephen Kent wrote:
> >
> > Paul,
> >
> > I generally like your analysis for IKE, but I would also like to
> > suggest that there may be a few "added functions" that should be on
> > the list.  For example, we stripped out several negotiation features
> > for phase II which had been supported in the SPD, e.g., port ranges
> > or lists vs. individual port numbers.  I'd like to see these added
> > back.
> >
> > Steve
>
> I agree with Steve. In general, I would like to see a more comprehensive
> selector specification mechanism in IKE.
>
> Scott

Definitely, if possible! We, like many others, support firewall functionality,
and can specify allowed traffic very finely in terms of local / remote port
numbers. Since these cannot be specified in IKE, the end result is potentially
very confusing for customers.

Ari

--
Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 859 900
Senior Software Engineer       fax  : +358 9 8599 0452

F-Secure Corporation       http://www.F-Secure.com

F-Secure products: Integrated Solutions for Enterprise Security