Re: Getting focus for son-of-IKE

Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:

> >  I'm also planning on cutting out quite a bit of the optional things that
> >  are now referred to as "standards bloat". For instance, one of the
> >  public key authentication methods will be removed as will Aggressive
> >  Mode and most of the ISAKMP exchanges defined in RFC2408.

I definitely oppose removing aggressive mode, unless at the same time
something like base mode is made a required part of IKE.

Ari

--
Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 859 900
Senior Software Engineer       fax  : +358 9 8599 0452

F-Secure Corporation       http://www.F-Secure.com

F-Secure products: Integrated Solutions for Enterprise Security