Re: I-D ACTION:draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Richardson" <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>

>    Even if you invent a secure way to share the keys with the NAT gateway,
> since you have now caused new software on the client and the gateway, then
> you might as well do it right and use RSIP, SPP, ESPUDP or IPv6.

Scott had reached an incorrect conclusion and
my previous e-mail addresses that issue. As
far as RSIP, ESPUDP etc. are concerned, please
take a look at the Section 5 of my draft where I
talk about the existing solutions and their
drawbacks. I also give references to other
drafts and RFCs that talk about the problems
with existing solutions in greater detail.

regards,
Jayant

Follow-Ups: References: